Maruti ciaz being the top end premium car for maruti the best of technology blended with intelligence is being used to power the car. There are three different variant available as petrol manual, petrol automatic, and diesel manual. Petrol variant comes with 1.4 L which produces the 91.1bhp of power with 130 NM of torque with is matted with the five speed gear box, and with the automatic variant it comes with four speed gear box. The diesel variant comes with 1.3 L that delivers the power of 88.5bhp with the torque of 200 NM. With the upcoming facelift there could a new diesel variant that could come with the 1.6 L DDiS320 a.k.a Fiat's 1.6-litre multiJet – that is being borrowed from S Cross, which produces power of 120 PS and 320Nm of torque and will come in six-speed manual gearbox format.
From the point of safety concern Maruti ciaz comes with the ABS in all of its variant which is accompanied with dual SRS airbags. High tension steel frame is being used where ever it is being needed.
Maruti ciaz comes with onboard music system that could be connected seamlessly with different input drivers such as Bluetooth, auxiliary port, USB, etc. so that you never run out of music.
Maruti ciaz comes in three variety with 15 different trims but the main difference in engine type which is solely dependent on the fuel type. The specification below is being given on the basis of different type of fuel.
Specification for the petrol variant:-
- Liters – 1.4 L
- Displacement (CC) – 1373
- Max Power (bhp @ rpm) – 91.1 bhp @ 6000 rpm
- Max Torque (NM @ rpm) – 130 NM @ 4000 rpm
- Fuel Efficiency (kmpl) – 20.73- MT, 19.12-AT
- Fuel tank capacity (L) – 43 l
Specification for the diesel variant:-
- Liters – 1.3 L
- Displacement (CC) – 1248
- Max Power (bhp @ rpm) – 88.5 bhp @ 4000 rpm
- Max Torque (NM @ rpm) – 200 NM @ 1750 rpm
- Fuel Efficiency (kmpl) – 28.09 kmpl
- Fuel tank capacity (L) – 43 L
Maruti was dealing with the efficient and affordable hatchback. With this segment they have already connected with the masses but the company was lagging behind in the price bracket of 10 lacs and they broke the ice with all new launch of a premium C-class segment Maruti ciaz that falls under the segment price of 8lac to 10 lacs. And with rising chart of the car it had started being a threat to other cars in the segment such as Honda City, Hyundai Verna.
Things which we like:-
- A large boot space of 510 liters.
- Cabin is being provided with almost all facilities from the rear seat cup holder to rear ac vents.
- Value for money, as it is main concern for their competitors.
- Mileage from the diesel variant makes it a most efficient car of the segment as 28.09 kmpl.
Things for the concern:-
- The average performance of engine is a downside for a premium segment.
- Mid segment fittings are being installed which effects the premium ambience.